Bake a Steak!
- - 1 cup flour
- - 1 teaspoon black pepper
- - 1 teaspoon seasoned salt
- - ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- - 1 pound of cubed steak
- - 1 medium onion sliced
- - Vegetable oil
- - 2 cups beef broth
- - Mix first four dry ingredients in a bowl. Reserve 4 tablespoons.
- - Coat the cubed steaks with the remaining dry ingredients. Make sure the flour mixture is patted in all the steak crevices. Set aside.
- - Saute sliced onions in oil until browned. Remove and set aside.
- - In the same pan, brown the steaks on both sides until they are a nice deep golden brown.
- - Drain slightly on paper towels.
- - Place the steaks in a baking pan and sprinkle sauteed onions on top.
- - Whisk the remaining 4 tablespoons of the flour mixture into the beef broth.
- - Pour over the steaks and onions. Cover the pan tightly with tin foil.
- - Preheat oven to 175 °C or 350 °F and bake for 2 hours.
- - After 1 ½ hours, check to see that the steaks are not sticking to the pan. If so, give them a nudge and continue cooking for 30 minutes."