Looking for a simple yet nutritious dinner that is bound to become a weeknight favourite? Perhaps you’re after an easy recipe to make a big batch of for healthy lunches.
Made with Lizi’s Low Sugar Maple & Pecan Granola to deliver the perfect crunchy crust, this salmon recipe is meltingly good. The Low Sugar Maple & Pecan Granola is packed full of toasted pecans, almonds, walnuts, sunflower and pumpkin seeds and bound together with Maple Syrup. It’s complimented by the soft and tangy brown rice with lemon and dill, and the omega rich baked salmon.
INGREDIENTS TO SERVE 2
· 150g brown rice
· 1 teaspoon of chopped fresh dill and a little to put on top (or alternatively use thyme, mint or parsley)
· 1 spring onion or some chives finely chopped
· 1 tablespoon of olive or rapeseed oil
· Salt and pepper
· Two pieces of fresh salmon (approx. 250g)
· 70g Lizi’s Low Sugar Maple & Pecan Granola
· Grated zest of half a lemon
· 3 tablespoons of lemon juice
· Salt and pepper
· 2 teaspoons of mustard
· 1 egg yolk (lightly beaten with a fork)
· 300g Tenderstem broccoli
For the rice:
1. Rinse the rice well and put a pan of boiling water on the hob. Add a pinch of salt, bring to the boil and then add the rinsed rice. Cook for about 30 minutes then drain through a sieve.
2. Put the other ingredients into a jam jar, shake vigorously and put to one side.
For the salmon:
1. Remove the skin from the salmon and then put the salmon pieces into an oiled roasting tin, with the skinned side up.
2. Preheat the oven to 200 degrees.
3. Put the granola, lemon zest, lemon juice, mustard and egg yolk in a bowl. Season well with salt and pepper.
4. Brush the top of the salmon with the olive oil.
5. Gently press half of the mixture onto each piece of salmon.
6. Put into the oven to bake for 10-15 minutes or until the top is golden and crispy and the salmon is cooked underneath. If it needs a little longer, cover the top with foil to stop the granola crust burning.
7. Boil or steam the broccoli for about 3-5 minutes or until tender, not soggy.
8. Mix the contents of the jam jar through the warm rice and fluff with a fork, use a fish slice or palette knife to carefully lift the salmon from the roasting tin.
Any leftover rice can be kept in the fridge to be eaten cold, it should not be reheated.
Lizi’s Low Sugar Maple & Pecan Granola: RRP £3.89 for 500g, available from Waitrose and on Ocado.