[su_note note_color=”#ffe3e6″]This post contains affiliate links. Affiliate disclosure: As an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases from Amazon.com and other Amazon websites.[/su_note]
Almonds are a well-known superfood. Packed with nutrients, they add essential, heart-healthy fats for all diets but can be especially beneficial for lowering cholesterol. Not only are they full of nutrients, but these tasty nuts are a versatile food that works well on their own, in savory meals, and in sweet treats.
Other than drinking almond milk or eating them straight out of the bag, how else can you elevate your diet with these supercharged nuts? Adding almonds into everyday meals is easier than it seems. Learn how to incorporate almonds into your diet to make meals and snacks more nutritious.
Ladle of Contents
You can easily integrate almonds into your favorite morning meals to help start your day off right! To include them in your breakfast:
- Add slivered or crushed almonds to your morning oatmeal, yogurt, or avocado toast.
- Bake them into muffins or pancakes, either by adding crushed nuts or substituting almond flour for all-purpose flour.
- Mix some almonds into your omelet for texture.
- Use almond milk in your morning coffee or almond butter in your smoothie.
Knowing how to incorporate almonds into your diet at lunchtime or a midday snack can give you some much-needed energy. You might:
- Add chopped almonds into a green salad or chicken salad.
- Keep a baggie of almonds handy instead of chips for a healthy snack.
- Increase the nutritional value of sweets by adding almonds to any baked goods, such as cookies or banana bread.
Nuts are a staple in many Mediterranean diet recipes, which are famous for being nutrient-dense. You can utilize almonds in your dinners with these simple methods:
- Add slivered almonds to a rice or vegetable dish instead of cheese.
- Use nuts instead of bread crumbs to cut down on carbohydrates.
- Use them in sauces for pasta and other proteins.
Almonds are a nutrient-dense and versatile food that can enhance any meal! Incorporating almonds into your diet means better overall health for you and your family.