This post contains affiliate links. Affiliate disclosure: As an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases from Amazon.com and other Amazon websites.
This recipe was contributed by Cynthia from cynthiamacgregor.com.
Servings: 3 people
- 1 ground beef
- Optial: 3 Tbs butter if using optional mushrooms
- Option: 1/2 lb sliced mushrooms
- 1 can 15 oz. condensed onion soup, undiluted
- Freshly grnd pepper to taste but sprinkled liberally
- 1/2 tsp orego
- Salt the bottom of a large, preferably nonstick, skillet and heat it over moderate heat. When the pan is hot, add the beef, breaking it up and stirring till it’s brown. If using the optional mushrooms, remove the beef and reserve. Add the butter; when it’s hot, add the mushrooms, and sauté till they’re lightly browned on both sides. Return the beef to the pan and add the onion soup. Add pepper with a heavy hand, and oregano. Reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes. Serves 3.