- 1 ground chuck
- 2 meum onions chopped
- 2 belleppers cook’s choice as to color, chopped
- 2 garlicloves chopped fine
- 1 cup toma juice
- 1 (8 ocanidney beans drained and rinsed
- 4 tsp chili poer mild or hot, cook’s choice
- 1 tsp dried orego
- 1 tsp dried basil reshly ground peppeto taste
- 1/2 cup uncooked long-ain rice
- 1 cup corn kernels
- 1/2 p sliced green olive pitted stuffed or unstuffed, cook’s choice
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddarR shredded Monterey jack
- Salt the bottom of a large skillet and place over medium heat. Add the beef and break up roughly with a fork. Add the onion, bell pepper, and garlic. Continue to break up meat and stir as the mixture cooks, allowing to cook till meat is nicely browned and vegetables are tender but not browned.
- Drain the fat that has accumulated in the skillet, and add the tomato juice, kidney beans, chili powder, herbs, pepper, and rice. Reduce heat to a simmer and cover. Simmer till rice is tender (approximately 25 minutes). Add corn and olives, stirring, replace lid on skillet, and cook 5 minutes more. Sprinkle cheese evenly across top and cover, cooking briefly just till cheese melts (approx. 5 minutes). Serve immediately. Serves 4.