Herbed Meat Loaf
- "slice white bread crumbed
- 3/ cup tomato juice + scant 1/2 cup tomato juice
- 2 lae or 3 medium garlic cloves pressed
- Salt a freshly ground pepper to taste
- 1/2 tsp ied rosemary
- 1/2 tsp drd thyme
- 1/4 tsp drieoregano
- 1/4 tsp dried sil
- 1 lb ground chuc do not sub a leaner cut
- Preheat oven to 350°Place the fresh white bread crumbs in a bowl and add the 3/4 cup of tomato juice. Mix well. Add the garlic, salt and pepper, and four herbs, and mix well again. Now add the meat, and knead with your fingers till all is well blended. Shape into a loaf. Do not try to pack it together tightly. This is not supposed to be a dense meatloaf.
- Place in a loaf pan or any other suitable pan. Pour the scant 1/2 cup of tomato juice evenly over the top. (Some will collect around the meatloaf in the pan.) Place uncovered in the oven and bake for 1 hour.
- (NOTE: If doubling the recipe, form two loaves rather than one huge one.) Serves 3 – 4."